Dr. Alexander Zubkov and our team highly recommend receiving routine oral cancer screenings along with your dental checkups. Every year sees a diagnosis of thousands of cases of oral cancer in the United States, and early detection is the key to successful oral cancer treatment and a full recovery. Did you know that it’s possible to recognize many oral cancer symptoms in your own mouth in between your scheduled dental visits?
While your dental checkups with our dentist are an effective time to detect any signs of oral cancer, there is no need to delay screenings until your next scheduled appointment. We encourage you to take some time at home regularly to evaluate your mouth for any problems. The symptoms that we look for during screenings, that you can also detect, include:
– Lesions, bumps, rough patches, lumps, areas of erosion and other unexplained growths in your mouth
– Failure to clot when there is bleeding in your mouth
– Areas of the mouth, face, head or neck that experience loss of feeling or numbness
– A constant sore throat or always feeling like you have a lump in the throat
– Speaking, chewing, eating and swallowing have become difficult
– Sudden and dramatic loss of weight for no apparent reason
If you have noticed any of these symptoms, contact Associates in Dentistry at 860-272-4332 today to ask our team for an oral cancer screening in Enfield, Connecticut, so that you can better understand the needs of your oral and general health.